McElroy Publishing started because I wanted to sell “paper-and-ink” products via direct mail. I co-founded it with my brothers, Dan and Mark, in 1992, and serve as its president.
I already had my first project under my belt. I had built a relationship with a man in my church named David Burrow. He had a desire to produce a book on camp counseling, and he had the perfect background for it.
As a youngster he attended camp, then had gone on to be a camp counselor, a leader, and ultimately a camp director. He was also at the time the principal of our Christian school.
We started small. We produced and sold 1,000 copies of his book How to Be a Successful Camp Counselor in 1987 under the moniker of Benjamin Publishing Company. It was a small target market consisting of Christian overnight camps.
I wrote the sales copy, helped with the titling of the book, and Dave wrote the book. Through its various editions in the years since, How to Be a Successful Camp Counselor has sold over 35,000 copies.
Over the years McElroy Publishing added several other titles. And in the late 1990s I obtained the right to private label and re-label Bible software for Microsoft Windows, which I marketed under the brand name Holy Bible Software, as well as under private labels for Bible-based ministries.
McElroy Publishing has published the following books and software:
- How I Lost My Fear of Death and How You Can Too
- Adoniram Judson’s Soul Winning Secrets Revealed: An Inspiring Look at the Tools Used by “Jesus Christ’s Man” in Burma
- Which Bible Would Jesus Use? The Bible Version Controversy Explained and Resolved
- How to Be a Successful Camp Counselor––a best seller with over 35,000 copies sold
- How to Be a Great Camp Counselor––over 12,000 copies sold
- The Camp Counselor’s Handbook of Over 90 Games and Activities Just for Rainy Days!
- The Complete Encyclopedia of Christian Camp Directing and Programming
- Mastering Leadership in the Christian Camp and Related Ministries
- Holy Bible Software––Windows-based Bible software
To learn more, visit www.mcelroypublishing.com.